Parental Relocations

Parental Relocations And Mary Quinn Law Office

Even though the paper you received from the court said “Final Decree of Divorce,” court orders that involve children are never really final until the children turn 18 or graduate from high school, whichever is later. In practical terms, this means that it’s possible to change the terms of any child custody, visitation or support order long after the matter was initially settled.

For some situations, getting an order or agreement changed is relatively easy, but this is most definitely not the case when a parent with primary custody of his or her children wants to relocate to another part of the state, to a different state or to another country.

At the law office of Mary Quinn, we have the experience it takes to resolve the complex legal and jurisdictional issues that can arise whenever a custodial parent seeks permission to relocate with a child, beyond the geographic limits provided under Texas law. To learn about your rights and legal options as a custodial or noncustodial parent — call or contact us and schedule a confidential consultation with attorney Mary Quinn.

When A Parent Wants To Move Away With The Child

As an lawyer, Mary Quinn has 40 years of experience in the family courts of Harris County and southeast Texas. More importantly, during the course of her career, she has successfully represented both custodial and noncustodial parents in these matters on countless occasions.

Our practice today includes cases that involve:

  • Long distance relocation within the state of Texas
  • Interstate relocation
  • International relocation (Hague Convention cases)
  • Attempts to restrict custodial parents from traveling with children to dangerous countries around the world

Because most custodial parent relocation cases do not get resolved without a trial before a judge, it is critical that you have an attorney who has extensive experience and success in litigating these issues. Our litigation experience has always set our practice apart from the majority of other family law firms in this area and often helps us to negotiate settlements that achieve our clients’ goals while sparing them the expense, frustrations and uncertain outcomes that a trial can bring.

If we are not able to achieve an out-of-court solution that satisfies your needs, however, rest assured that we will be prepared to aggressively assert your primary custody or parental visitation rights in court.

Schedule A Confidential Consultation Today

Call us directly at 713-225-0094 or contact us online. Evening hours are available by appointment at our Houston, Texas, office. Major credit cards are accepted. We help clients throughout Harris County and the surrounding portions of southeast Texas.